1. Is it possible to hire a helmet, pedals, bike shoes…?
Bike rental includes :
Pedals (from our list of available models)
NB we do not rent out bike shoes
2. Is there a cancellation fee ?
In case of cancellation we retain the cost of one days hire.
3. What documents do we need as a guarantee ?
An official document such as a driving licence, passport or identity card must be left with us for the duration of the rental period.
4. Is insurance included in the hire ?
Insurance is not included in the hire cost.
The person hiring the bike is responsible for the bike and its accessories and will be liable for any loss or damage.
Each bike is checked over in your presence before you hire it.
Any damage on return will be charged to you.
5. What is the earliest that we can collect a bike ?
We are open from 9 am – 7 pm (summer opening hours). All bikes can be collected and returned to our shop during these opening hours.
6. Can we collect a bike the day before the hire date ?
For an extra 5 €, you can collect your hire bike on the prior evening between 6pm and 7pm
7. Can I change out the type of bike I originally selected to hire ?
If the bike that you prefer is available then it can be changed.
8. What bike do you recommend to climb Alpe d’Huez ?
All of our road bikes are set-up for the mountains with gearing that allows someone with a good level of fitness to climb Alpe d’Huez as well as other passes in the Oisans.
9. Are you open year-round ?
We are open every day from April to October. Contact us for opening hours outside of this period.
10. Do you deliver hire bikes ?
We use an external service for bike delivery. You, the client, is responsible for the cost of this service if required.
11. Is it possible to repair/check over my own bike ?
We have a technical workshop for this, for more information contact the workshop directly.
12. Is it possible to hire children’s bikes ?
Yes, it is. We have a 24-inches road bike an XS & S moutain bike.
13. Is it possible to hire women’s specific bikes ?
Yes, it is. We have small size with short frame and specific women saddles.
14. Do you stock all sizes of bikes ?
We stock bike frames from 47-61 cm.
15. Do you sell your hire bikes ?
Yes, each year, we sell the rental bikes from the middle of august.
16. Do you sell accessories, spares and energy foods/drinks ?
Of course, you will find a wide range of bike and nutrition items in the shop to equip you